Integrative Chronic Pain Management
Pain is a natural alarm system for us to know there is a harm that needs to be addressed. But when the acute pain persists and continues for more than 3-6 months, it becomes chronic.
The current body of scientific evidence shows that because of the multiple aspects of chronic pain treatments that are integration of different disciplines lead into better outcomes. This approach looks at the whole person and integrates different treatments to deal with different needs. That is why we call it Integrative Chronic Pain Management.
This Integrative Pain Management Program addresses patient’s needs in following areas:
- General health assessment and individualized treatment planning
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating
- Activity centered care
- Sleep Hygiene
- Mental wellness skills and resiliency building, individual and group
- Proper Medications use
- Proper use of pain procedures
- Proper use of health supplements, vitamins and assistive devices
- Biofeedback techniques
- Self Management Education